Friday, July 11, 2008

Sydney Swans vs. Collingwood Magpies




The fabulous game of AFL.  At least that's what I thought of after the game was finished. I'm not the biggest fan of AFL, but I did like watching the game live. 

My brother had been learning about the game + playing it with the Nab Auskick program.  At the end of all the lessons, he was given 4 tickets to see Sydney Swans play against Collingwood Magpies.

He was overly excited as was the rest of the family, excluding me. At that moment I'd had the better idea of spending the first day of holidays shopping, but NO. We went to my brothers soccer game down in Penrith somewhere, then travelled to Sydney to waste the time we had before the 7:10 game! So we went to look at Ikea and dream of buying everything! Well, at least that was what I was doing...

We had lunch there and looked around the shopping centre attached to it. We went to the news-agency to get our monthly magazines, then wondered what to do in the 3 more hours we had to kill. 

We were all going to sit in the car and read our magazines, but I suggested that we drive to a quiet park and then read our magazines. So we did just that. We stayed there and read our books until the sun was gone and buses were driving past packed with Swans fans sitting in it. 

It was still only 10 to 6, so we were going to get some sushi before we went to the stadium. But as we started driving on the highway, the traffic began. So we didn’t get sushi and just drove to the stadium.

It was just as well that we didn’t get sushi, because by the time we got to our seats, the game began!

As exciting as the game was, Collingwood beat the Swans. L It was a great day after all.

 

1 comment:

Human Racing said...

I have to admit I'm not a fan of the AFL either. but, it sounds like you had fun. and I think it would still be fun to see live!